Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord

Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord
And they're off!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Matt 4-26-10

I'm glad that it is finally looking like spring at home. It feels like summer here this week we have had weather in the 80's so nice! So this past week was zone conference and it was great! We learned about how to teach people and not lessons. So that is what we are focusing on now and things are really turning out! At zone conference President Wade read a letter from the second counselor in the bishopric here and we didn't know that he sent it. But it was awesome and I think President Wade said that he is going to send you a copy.
So the teaching has been so much better but also very different in a positive way. We taught tons of lessons this week. And one in particular from last night stuck out to me. This family the Noguera’s has been going through a rough patch lately and haven't really been coming to church. They are trying to buy a house and just haven't had any luck. But we went over there last night and when brother Noguera answered the door he was so glad to see us. (We have been trying to see them all week) but as it turns out he was in LA and for work. While he was there he got strep. and his 2 month old was in the hospital this week with strep. Anyways we offered to give his family blessings and he said yes so we are going to go over some time this week. But the coolest thing was that while we were sharing a message with them he said that he wanted to start coming back to church again! And I wanted to shout for joy it was so cool.
I know that the Lord puts us all through challenges so that we can become stronger and closer to him.
Wow! That is crazy that the frames are doing all that work, definitely keeps me posted on the progress.
It sounds like this week has been fun but also kind of relaxing. I’m glad that the graduation went well. And it sounds like you had a great meal at Danny & Abbie’s home. Are they going to stay there for the next semester to?
I’m glad to hear that Paul is doing well in tennis maybe when I get home I will have enough patience to play with him. But it sounds like tons of fun. And it’s too bad that I missed it.

I wouldn't say the Concord is too small of a town it’s actually a lot like cottonwood heights. It has a downtown area and then just houses and parks and things like that. Yes it is flat but there are mountains/ hills that I can see so that keeps me sane haha. No we don't ride bikes at all here we just drive. and elder Lambe is the only one who gets to drive and it makes me crazy. But I’m getting used to his driving so that is good.

Well that’s pretty much it for now I’m glad to hear that you are all doing well.
Elder Matt Christensen.

ps. what time do you want me to call on mother’s day? Let me know next week

No comments:

Post a Comment