Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord

Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord
And they're off!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ben 6-14-10
Hello again,
I'm glad that things have slowed down for you and that you have got the yard looking good! I miss doing all that yard work now that I think about it working in the yard can be kind of relaxing as long as you don’t have to worry about sprinklers right dad?
It is too bad that summer has not hit yet but that is good for the snow pack and water levels so we won’t be in a drought in august but I can see why it would put a damper on things.
Congrats to Paul on his eagle it is about time haha he has had the same three merit badges for like a year... we went to and eagle court on Saturday and it was really interesting a lot of people from the war were their but there was only 7 of us in the eagles nest and we got there late so the guy in charge invited all those who came in late to come up and it was just me and one other guy from the ward it was crazy, thanks for pushing me to get mine. I know that the scout motto and code apply so much with the gospel it is crazy, like a scout is honest loyal helpful friendly courteous kind obedient cheerful thrifty brave clean and reverent and these things to me are all things we should strive to be as missionaries and it is sad to see how many missionaries who did not receive their eagle don’t have these qualities. So Paul good job I'm proud of you man!
I’m glad that Abbie and Dan had a good time in San Fran and arrived home safely I got the emails from Adam and Amy sounds like they are having a blast!
Dad thanks for the awesome email I am glad that things are going good for you in the elder’s quorum and that you are helping allot of people move I know how much fun that is we have helped allot of people move lately too. How was the hike up Bells canyon? Did you make it to the waterfall or was there still snow? Did you take your rod with you and try to catch some cuts up there?
Well things are just a rolling along here we had a "safe sacrament" meeting so we planned the program in advance and knew who was speaking and what hymns were going to be played so we wouldn’t have any surprises and people could bring their friends and not be worried about what was going to be said. it was a real success we had 5 non members there besides the ones that usually come so it was good the talks were amazing our relief society president and her husband spoke an the Rasmussen’s and she spoke on the atonement and it was a really good talk then her husband spoke on the restoration and I felt the spirit so strong in that meeting it was awesome his talk was amazing by far my favorite talk I have heard on the mission like it was conference worthy no joke. it was also elder Simmons’ birthday yesterday so we had dinner at the bishops and then played catan well he played I hate the game so I taught a bunch of the youth how to play death of aces it was a blast I lost like five times but they didn’t play hard so my hand is fine... any sorry for the random fact there... but we also got a bunch of referrals that we have to follow up on this week an hopefully we can start teaching them soon. One lady is a single mother and lives out in hitch which is a really rural and we met her at the eagle court and her son is in scouts and helped with the color guard and her youngest son is 7 and she said that as soon as he is 8 she is going to put him I scouts and she talked to one of our members about us and our religion and wants to know more so I am excited to start teaching her.
We are having another lesson with Sean Segal tonight at eight and things are really going well with him and I can’t wait for the lesson.
I love and miss you all and thank you for the prayers they truly are working I can see it every day

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment