Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord

Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord
And they're off!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Matt 5-31-10

Wow another super crazy week‏
From: Matthew Eric Christensen

Sent: Mon 5/31/10 1:47 PM
To: S. Christensen
Well hello from California!!

So I see I didn't get an email this week but thanks for the letter! And thanks for the package!!! I finally got it. When I opened it and saw the allergy pills I was like wow! My mom must be psychic cause I really needed some! And the gloves fit great I’m going to put them to work soon! :)

So last week I told you that I got a new companion named Elder Harper well that is no more. He went home... so after I emailed you last week we went back to the apartment and wrote letters and stuff and elder Harper had the phone and made some phone calls and I just didn't really notice anything. Well on Tuesday he said that we were going to Oakland for something and I just went along with it and it turns out it was for an interview with President Wade. And I was thinking wow this is weird it’s the beginning of the transfer, but I just went along with it. Later that night I asked elder Harper if I could do anything for him and he said no so we finished the day just like normal. Then on Wednesday we had district meeting and went to visit a couple of other people. But he said that he was waiting for a phone call from someone (President Wade) so around 4 O'clock the call finally came and he was like well we are going home cancel all of our appointments for the night I have to pack... I kinda knew this was coming but it still through me for a spin! So that’s what we did for the rest of the night. He packed and I just sat there doing nothing. I got really frustrated cause now I’m in an area that I know nothing about again!
Now I’m with the district leader elder Watson and his companion elder Williams. And they are great elders. We are covering the two wards that I have Hillcrest one and two and also their ward Marsh Creek so it has been a very interesting week trying to figure everything out and still do missionary work.

So now I have been on both sides of sending some one home early and having some one come home early... but I know that everything happens for a reason. And it will be better for him to work things out at home. I have come to realize that by praying and working with the Lord everything works out. One of my favorite scriptures is 2cor. 12:10 I got this one from Danny and it has been a way for me to realize that if we take all of our trials with a faith in Christ that we will be able to get through them a lot easier. Another good scripture is ether 12:27. I know that through the atonement Christ is able to help us all not just for our sins but for all the other feelings as well. Whether its stress or depression or anything Christ has felt it all and I’m so thankful for that.

I love you, thanks for all the support!

Love Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment