Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord

Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord
And they're off!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Ben's Letter 3/15

We had zone conference this week which was really cool we had two zones there and president Murri gave a really good talk on faith that is our Christ like attribute for the next six weeks. I love faith cuz without it nothing is possible. then we did a couple of work shops with the zls and the ap's on loaning the book of Mormon not just giving it away so that way you can get something back from it not necessarily the book but another talk about religion or the book of Mormon itself it was cool so I challenge you to loan a book of Mormon this week to someone who is not a member.
So a cool experience that I had this week was I got my first opportunity go give a priesthood blessing! it was so amazing we went and saw this older guy in the ward (who reminds me exactly of Dan Elton) and is having heart problems so we asked if their was anything we could do for him and he asked us to give him a blessing it was pretty sweet then we came back on Saturday and did service for him cuz he couldn't get around that much so we went and cleaned up all the fallen oranges off the ground. Boy did that experience make me glad that I know how to do yard work and to get the job done. haha I never thought of yard work as a blessing until now it was funny cuz we were working and I think I made like five trips to the dumpster with a garbage can full of fruit while my comp made like 2 haha I guess that yard work is hard for him cuz he never had to do it in Hawaii oh well we got the job finished anyway.
Everything is going great we met with Ilene again and taught her the first lesson it went extremely well she can already identify the spirit and has been praying to know the book of Mormon is true. :) She went to the singles ward this week and is now meeting with the zl's who are over the singles ward and they are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment