Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord

Elders Christensen's excellent adventure for the Lord
And they're off!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ben 10-25-10

Happy birthday dad!!!!!! That is crazy he is fifty I had no idea haha guess I didn’t really keep track of that one.
That is awesome that the Utes crushed Colorado! I'm glad that the family had fun at the Christensen’s.
Not going to lie I think I am more jealous of them going to the ski movie then I am of the chili cook off. Bah I miss the mountains! But at least if I stay here one more transfer I will get to see some snow maybe I will go shoe skiing or something just to get a fix haha
I think that is awesome that the Poulsons came dressed as Ute fans. And antelope chili sounds really good I think I might be a judge for a chili cook off on Halloween in the other ward I’m pretty excited I love good chili.
Ya being a cashier is definitely not the most exciting job in the world but in like 2 weeks it will get insane when people start shopping for that one holiday in December. (I refuse to say it until after thanksgiving). Ya he can have my badge if he wants I don’t even know where the thing ended up but if he does tell him not to loose it.

That is cool that Abbie's sister had a baby and she has a cool name. Our ward mission leaders wife just had her baby last Tuesday she was 6 weeks early! But she is doing well. She has a pretty cool name too Rylin I really like it. No Amy you can’t use the name I found it haha

This week was pretty good we did a lot of work in the golden hills ward with less actives and such. Plus we spent a lot of time riding bikes and walking because we have to save miles so we can make a trip to Bakersfield for exchanges. We taught a less active family that no one has been able to get in contact with in along time and they have a son who is nine and so we are going to start going over their more and teach him the lessons because he knows nothing about the church.
Things with Loretta and Nephi are going really well we taught Loretta the plan of salvation and she seemed like she got it. We were kind of in a rush to get to dinner so we are going to teach it more fully this week. She also came to church for the first time, which was, good except all three talks in sacrament was on baptism! And in our gospel PRINCIPLES class which is supposed to be like basic stuff right well this weeks lesson was on eternal families and lets say he spent a lot of time on the eternal part like in D&C 132 ya, it was a little deep to say the least. But that’s ok I think most of it went right over her head.
Nephi is doing great and is well on the path to baptism after out lesson this week he asked brother Moffat to baptize him when the time is right it was really cool.
So now time for some fun stuff after our meeting with Nephi we had correlation with brother Moffat which doesn’t sound all that fun but after he took us into his back yard and taught us how to rope. It was really hard at first but I went home and practiced for like a half hour and I’m actually not to bad at it I am definitely addicted to it I am determined to get good. So that was kind of fun and he taught us a fun game it is pretty much team roping. But you have one person running away from you and another person ropes the top and once you have the top you have to start hopping around while someone ropes your feet it was fun but I am set on beating him at that game and he is really good so I got a lot of work to do.

Well that’s about all for this week but next week is transfers again! Bah it’s going by to fast!

Love you all

Elder Christensen

ps this is something that a member gave me and it is really cool

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including seeds of doubt, hate, greed, ect. Then he carves you a smiling face and puts his light inside you to shine for all the world to see. This was passed on to me from another pumpkin, now it’s your turn to pass it on to another pumpkin.

I really liked this it made me really think about the good in everything because we normally relate Halloween to the devil and goblins and such but this proves that there is a light in all things if you just look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment